Thursday, March 8, 2012

I got the moves like Jagger

I got moves people. Ok, might not be 100% accurate but in my little world it is. However my kids do have moves, it’s the Latin influence. They’ve got skills…..seriously!


I was feeling a bit frustrated working on something this week at work….so what do you do to lighten the mood, turn on the radio. To my delight “Single Ladies” is on. This makes this sister want to jump on top of her desk and bust a move. Why is that? I’m not single but man do I want to wave my hand around and let loose. Much to the disappointment of my co-workers I restrain myself. The desire is there though.

Perhaps we need to implement dance breaks much like smoke breaks. Actually come to think of it this is a grand idea. A short little 15 minute break a few times a day to bust a move. Think about it, many people do not get enough exercise right? This would evoke some activity in their lives. And let’s face it dancing makes people happy. Happy people are productive people. Come on, I am on to something here. Both healthy and happy employees, could you ask for much more?! I hope this comes to fruition some day. Turn it up!!


Tuesday night I checked out the local PTA (though it’s called something else now) meeting at the elementary school the boys will be attending in the Fall. At the registration meeting on Monday they invited new kindergarten families to join. Likely a ploy to get help but I’m all for being involved in my children’s educational “career”. Of course I was the only “new” person to attend. Honestly had it not been the night following kindergarten registration I’m not sure I would have gone, but I went!!

I felt old. No one there was “old” but being at a PTA meeting made me feel old. I couldn’t possibly have kids old enough to be going into elementary school. After all I’m still stuck jamming to Nelly in my minivan vehicle. But a mammogram one week and PTA meetings the next……hello new phase of my life?!

I’m pretty sure I’ll stick with it. I don’t want to be one of those parents who isn’t involved at all. I want to be there and soak it all up. After all I only get to do this once so I’m going to do it well!

Yup that's one of the boys dancing with our neighbor, only 2 kids dancing!! Garage party what?!

Working on convincing myself I am not getting old here. Going to download some new jams yo, if you see me with my iPod dancing along Main Street please stop and join me!!




No comments: