Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You give me fever!

Spring Fever…...I've attempted to write this blog no less than 5 times. Then the sun casts its' rays into my window BEGGING me to get outside with my boys and soak it up. I just can't say no. It's unheard of to have 70-80 degree weather in March. So I've been doing a lot of soaking....hence my absence. I've had great intentions though, please believe!! Then again I’m sure those of you who read my little piece of world are doing much of the same!


Funny little story to share. So for years now, approximately 2, I’ve though my children are not skilled enough to ride a bike…..WITH training wheels. On Sunday we get said bikes out and they STILL cannot ride them. Imagine our frustration, but now G and I were flying our out neighborhoods fearlessly on our bikes as kids. Surely our children inherited our bike riding skills. Well after some time of pushing their seats and getting frustrated we notice their tires are mighty flat. Raised the seats a bit, filled the tires with are and they were OFF. The boys started riding around like it was their job. Who knew, a little air in the tires, makes it a whole lot easier. Whoops! Oh and for style we went out and got them each a bell as well.



Had a little girls night out a week ago and it was great. Being a mom is the BEST and more rewarding thing I've ever decided to do. It's so easy to lose track of myself and to make time for my friends. So I'm trying to make a better effort to be a better friend and to enjoy some good old fashion girl time. Sure I miss my boys when I'm away but I'll never regret spending time with friend who mean the world to me as well. After suddenly losing someone very dear last year I was slapped in the face with the reminder of how precious life is and how unpredictable it is.

This blog is taking a turn, so I'm going to roll with it. Let me preface this with I have a few great girls that will likely each make their debut in posts in the near future.

This is my girl, she's always there for me and always offers an awesome story to laugh at or the best ear to listen. This girl is LEGIT, AMAZING....if you know her you agree. April and I have been friends since I was 15....and that's more than half my life...which is a lot.


As I'm sure you can tell April is a little person.....she has OI (Google it for the details). Often people tell me how amazing she is an how remarkable all her accomplishments are. She has her own condo, a great job, drives a car, etc. You see she's just like all of us. And although to most of us these things aren't all that remarkable the fact she does it all so effortlessly is pretty darn great. April doesn't think she's great though, to her she's just April and average like the rest of us. I'm constantly impressed that NOTHING ever holds her back, it's not even an option. April's mom had her at a very early age (17) and never gave up on her or her career. She's a successful nurse and has always done wonders for her family. April clearly inherited that from her mom! So Jeje, I know you'll read this eventually.....I love you. I think you're amazeballs and I'm pretty darn humbled that you call me one of your best friends. Man am I blessed!!

Ok side tracked...but for a great person.

This weekend was obviously St Patty's day. Took my boys to see some Irish Dances since we have a we bit of Irish in us, yes we do. They weren't too keen on watching a bunch of "girls" dance around stomping their feet but they liked the corned beef that came later. They were also impressed by all the other people who got the memo to wear green, what a coincidence!


Our lovely neighbor boy told the boys that if you leave the leprechaun a letter and chocolate he will leave you gold and candy. Well I'm glad I was warned but it sure wasn't much warning. I was armed with Starburst jelly beans and M&M's so we were set there....but the gold....yeah momma didn't make an ATM trip in time and the leprechaun doesn't take debit. So what's a mom to do? Yup stole a dollar from each of their piggy banks and pawned it off at "the leprechaun". THEY LOVED IT...and the fact that they were up at 5:10 am to share in their joy made the guilt of taking money out of their piggybank disappear pretty quickly. Leprechaun will be better prepared next year. Really what extra celebration is next? This celebrating St Patricks day with green toilet water and gold is all new to me. Anyone else?!

Top of the morning to you all, or something like that.

Now go soak up those rays please.






No comments: