Friday, March 2, 2012

My own kind of paradise

Loving me some Friday! The weather here is supposed to get pretty gross later today but it’s Friday so BRING IT ON. I’m going to be snuggled up on the couch with my boys for a Friday night movie and fresh made popcorn. Perfect way to spend a Friday these days. My how that’s changed in a decade.

So, I’m not one for “New Years Resolutions” but I did make a mental note right around January 1st to go out at least once a month with my husband in 2012. Sounds easy enough right? Well as you all know life is busy and add to that he works every other weekend, complicates matters. Well I’m happy to report we are 1/6th of the way through 2012 and we’ve managed to make good on my little goal. We’ve enjoyed a date night of dinner and shopping and dinner, shopping and movie. See a trend? Mom needs some new clothes people, oh and love me some sushi so any excuse and I’ll take it. So if you’ve got some great date suggestions for me that are fun, that maybe you’ve done, pass them along. I’ll take any time I can get with my man but I’m open to suggestions. Maybe for March it could be a corned beef and cabbage date…..probably not, but it could be!

Image from the wonderful Angela who can be found here-http://greenpaint.smugmug.com/

My brain is all off track today. Lets back it up to the weather again. Because of the snow, I’m dreaming of Brazil. I WANT TO BE THERE. I miss my husband’s entire family (serious!), I miss the most fantastic food ever, I miss watching my boys soak it all up, I miss the beautiful weather and I miss the shopping.




I need a fix NOW. G’s brother is getting married in December and we’re hoping to be able to go. Right now the flight prices are the only thing holding us back. I’m hoping for a miracle here. We want to spend the holiday (Christmas, boys birthday, New Years) in Brazil for once. I can live without snow on Christmas for a year to be with them. And let’s be real, we rarely get snow this year anyway….bust.


My mother in law is a cook from a different world. I mean my family can cook but this woman does it up “Leave it to Beaver” style. She’s AMAZING. Everything that comes out of her kitchen knocks my socks off. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything come of out of a can. Who know you could cook without cans? She spends hours a day in the kitchen but you can taste the love when the food makes it to the table. I’m drooling now, great!





Happy Weekend Friends!!






No comments: