Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My lovely lady lumps....check 'em out!!

If it ain't broke don't fix it right? Seems I've got a bit of an obsession lately with using lyrics in my post names. So I'm going to rock it once again tonight because it's fitting. Cleared that up!

It's been a week or so since I blogged. And honestly there has been a reason for it. I've been a bit pretty freaking stressed. Works busy, but when is it not so it really wasn't causing my stress. My health was. Seriously people, seriously, I've turned 30 and ever since I've experience "illness" that I've never had before. What gives? Turn 30 and your health gets all wacky......me no likey! Since I am being so honest here though I'm going to spill the beans. I found a lump in my chest. A dear family friend was recently diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 28. Yup 28, that's just not fair. Due to her diagnosis I have been much more timely at doing my own self exam (like doing it at all to begin with to be honest). Well on Monday the doctor determined that she wasn't really "concerned" but that Wednesday I would take a trip to The Breast Clinic for a mammogram and ultrasound. Breast Clinic, that's about the most obvious name for a clinic I've ever heard. Well I've heard that mammograms suck and are painful so I wasn't really excited. And to be honest I was scared so I really didn't share because I didn't want to scare others.

I'm so happy to report that all went GREAT and that I am doing just fine in my lady lumps!! And I didn't spend the morning looking like this....(my best attempt at a painful face)!


I promise you it isn't that bad. And honestly the minor amount of discomfort involved outweighs making sure your health is in check. I sat in a room with woman much much older than myself that seemed so calm and relaxed, just reading their magazine like they were waiting for lunch to be ready. I was FREAKING out in my hospital duds. I was literally silently praying as I sat there. I prayed for my health, I prayed for all the women around me and I prayed for our friend Amy who is fighting the fight right now. They have all walked through the same doors as me and although we won't all walk out with the same results we know how to feels to go in there.

So I took a little break for a week because it would have been hard for me to ignore this was happening but I certainly wasn't prepared to blog about it. All is good in the hood now though!!


I squeezed my little dudes a little harder tonight and reminded myself just how blessed I am.

We can now return to our "normal broadcasting" and hopefully get back to more fun topics together.

Before I go. I have to say that I just love the bathroom at our local Children's Museum. Do you ever take your kiddos to a public bathroom and have to go at the same time as them? Well being a good parent you let them go first all while doing the pee dance yourself. Torture I tell you. Well the museum has an adult and kiddy size toilet in the same stall. GENIUS, shear genius....so much so that I had to take a picture to share. I hope this catches on nationally.


Seems appropriate not to sign off, ha. Peace lovers, thanks for all your prayers and support....and obviously patience while I was MIA!

3 comments:

Amy Barbic said...

I've been thinking about you since Tauna told me but didn't think it was anything to worry about. So glad to hear the girls are working the way they should be! Love you

Tiffany said...

Thanks love.....keep doing what you do and fight your booty off. I'm so proud of your and your strength!

Holly Hacker said...

What a scary time that must have been. Glad to hear everything is ok!