Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weak in the knees

In honor of the upcoming holiday next Tuesday….. Lets back it up to how G and I met for those of you who don’t know the story. August 30, 2003 a friend convinced me to head up to the Taste of Madison for some good eats and music. While there, we stopped at one of the corners to watch a country singer (can’t remember who but I’m sure G knows). I noticed this group of guys dancing “mosh pit” style to this female singer. Of course I watched them and giggled to myself . Well just as they were about to walk away this guy (“G”) bites the tip of his finger and gives me these hubba hubba eyes as they leave. WHAT WAS THAT? And did he just do that to me? Was it even directed at me? I look behind me, no one there but this lady sleeping on a bench. I was intrigued! That was a pretty gutsy gesture and then to just walk away!
I told my friend that I needed to meet the guy. Might seem crazy but something in me told me I needed to meet him! We proceed to attempt to find this group of guys in a sea of thousands of people. Just as we were about to give up and probably go grab some fried cheese curds I spotted them crossing the road to leave (thank goodness for my spy tech skills). At that point I did what any mature adult woman would do….I hid behind a tree and I asked my friend to go tell the guy we were going to go to karaoke later that night and to meet us there.
Fast forward about 6 hours we’re at the bar wondering if they will show up. All I knew at this point was that he was hot and that he had an accent (melting). My friend thought he was probably from Mexico…..I doubted that. After waiting entirely too long we decided we were going to leave. Guess who showed up? You got it…..4 good looking Brazilian (not Mexican) guys, one of them obviously now my hubby!! We spent that night hanging out and getting to know one another’s name finally…..which I thought he said was Gene. I was pretty happy when I realized that wasn’t accurate….no offence to the Gene’s of the world! Let me also just say how “lucky” my husband is that I trusted my intuition. After all, he was wearing a shirt that said FBI (Female Body Inspector) on it and that’s really not something that I’m guessing typically attracted the ladies. Almost 9 years later and I still love that hot accent and I’m happy I decided to tag along to the Taste of Madison that hot summer day!

2 comments:

Breanna said...

What a great story! :) You are a beautiful couple!

(I probably would have hid behind a tree, too! Haha!)

Breanna
http://therushfamily.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

How cute! You met on my birthday too :) I was probably in that crowd somewhere! Proof that in life you sometimes have to take risks :)